Since February 2017 Belarus has introduced visa-free entry for residents of more than 80 countries. Residents of the countries of the European Union, the Americas, Asia, Australia and Japan can stay in Belarus without a visa application procedure.
All information on visiting Belarus visa-free:
• Arrival and departure only via Minsk National Airport
• The maximum period of stay in Belarus is 5 days, including the arrival and departure days
Tip: If your plane arrives late at night, wait until midnight the next day and then go through the check-in procedure at the airport. So you can walk around the country another day.
• There are no restrictions on the number of such trips to Belarus, but the total period of stay in the country should not exceed 90 days per calendar year.
• A visa-free traveller must have the following documents: a valid passport, 46 BYN (€23) for each day of stay in the country, a medical insurance with coverage for at least €10,000.
Tip: You can buy medical insurance upon arrival at the airport.
• An obligatory requirement for citizens from a number of countries is to have a valid document for traveling abroad with a valid multi-entry visa to the EU states or the Schengen Area that has been used at least once and a ticket with confirmation of departure from Minsk National Airport within 5 days from the date of arrival
• Visa-free regime via Minsk National Airport doesn’t apply to persons arriving in Belarus by plane from Russia or departing from Belarus to Russia as well as to holders of diplomatic, service or official passports
• In case of an illness, natural disaster or other unforeseen circumstances, preventing the departure, you should apply to the internal affairs body.
Tip: If you can’t leave Belarus for the above reasons, you should file an application for the extension of the temporary stay. The internal affairs body will issue a visa for departure from the Republic of Belarus. If you have such a visa, you can leave the country at any border entry point.
Visa-free regime to Grodno and the Augustow Canal:
How to enter Belarus:
One can enter Belarus through the motor vehicle crossing point Bruzgi / Kuznitsa Belostotskaya which borders on Poland; Privalka / Raigardas which borders on Lithuania. During the period from 1 May to 30 September, you can enter Belarus through water crossing points Lesnaya / Rudavka and Privalka / Sviandubre .
• Grodno city
• Sopotskinsky Village Council
• The Gozhsky Village Council
• Podlabensky Village Council
• Koptevsky Village Council
• Odelsky Village Council
You must have the following documents:
• A valid document for traveling abroad (passport);
• A document of a standard pattern which allows you to enter the above mentioned territories;
Tip: To obtain this document, a tourist has to:
1. Address a travel company authorized to issue such documents;
2. Receive confirmation approving a foreign traveller’s right to enter Belarus visa-free and obtain booked tourism services;
• Medical insurance, automobile policy "Green Card".
Tip: The insurance can be obtained in advance in your country: in an insurance company or in a travel company engaged in travel insurance.
• A migration card is issued on the State border.
Please note: if a migration card is lost, a fine is imposed!
• Daily monetary allowance- no less than 2 basic amounts for each day of stay (46 BYN (€23))
• Booking and payment of at least 2 different tourism services (accommodation, meals, excursions, etc.).
Visa-free entry to Belovezhskaya Pushcha:
Visa-free entry of international visitors to Belovezhskaya Pushcha via the border checkpoint Pererov-Belovezha is available from 12 July 2015. Foreign citizens can stay visa-free for a period of up to 3 days, and only in the territory of the National Park. The basis for the stay is a document granting the right to visit the National Park.
To obtain this document you need:
1. To register on the website npbp.brest.by .The received data will be transferred to the border checkpoint Pererov;
2. To wait for confirmation of the application process. The response will come to the e-mail specified during registration. (The processing of applications takes place 4 times a day: at 9.00, 11.00, 13.00, 16.30);
3. To print the pass received by e-mail;
4. On the date specified in the pass, you have to be at the border checkpoint Pererov with the documents required for border crossing (passport, certificate of insurance, pass).
Requirements for Russians intending to visit Belarus:
Russians with Belarusians have borders with checkpoints, where you have to show documents. Russians are not required to have visa and passport for traveling abroad. The maximum period of stay in the country is 90 days. If for some reason the period of stay is exceeded, you have to apply to the Belarusian consulate.
Children under 14 years without their own passport can enter Belarus only upon presentation of a document confirming the birth and the passport of the parent with the appropriate mark.
Requirements for drivers who travel to Belarus by car:
A driver of a vehicle must have the original insurance certificate, valid in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, and confirming the liability insurance in the Member State of the «Green Card» system.
Note: A vehicle participating in the road traffic and registered abroad without the agreement of compulsory insurance of the civil liability, functioning in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, faces administrative liability - a fine of 20 basic amounts (from 1 January 2017 the basic amount is 23 BYN).
List of countries whose citizens are exempt from visa requirements for five-day visits to Belarus:
2. The Republic of Austria.
3. The Republic of Albania.
4. The Principality of Andorra.
5. Antigua and Barbuda.
6. The Argentine Republic.
8. The Kingdom of Bahrain.
9. The Kingdom of Belgium.
10. The Republic of Bulgaria.
11. Bosnia and Herzegovina.
12. The Federative Republic of Brazil.
13. Republic of Vanuatu.
14. State of Vatican City.
15. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
17. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam <*>.
18. The Republic of Haiti <*>.
19. The Islamic Republic of the Gambia<*>.
20. Federal Republic of Germany.
21. The Republic of Honduras<*>.
22. Hong Kong (Xianggang) - the special administrative region of the People's Republic of China<**>.
23. The Hellenic Republic.
24. The Kingdom of Denmark.
25. The Commonwealth of Dominica.
26. Republic of India <*>.
27. The Republic of Indonesia.
29. The Republic of Iceland.
30. The Kingdom of Spain.
31. The Italian Republic.
33. The Republic of Cyprus.
34. People's Republic of China<*>.
35. Republic of Korea.
36. The State of Kuwait.
37. The Republic of Latvia <***>.
38. The Lebanese Republic<*>.
39. The Republic of Lithuania.
40. The Principality of Liechtenstein.
41. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
42. Macao (Aomin) – the special administrative region of the People's Republic of China <**>.
43. The Republic of Macedonia.
45. The Republic of Malta.
46. Order of Malta <**>.
47. The United Mexican States.
48. The Federated States of Micronesia.
49. The Principality of Monaco.
50. The Republic of Namibia <*>.
51. Kingdom of the Netherlands.
52. The Republic of Nicaragua.
53. New Zealand.
54. The Kingdom of Norway.
55. The Sultanate of Oman.
56. The Republic of Panama.
57. Republic of Peru.
58. The Republic of Poland.
59. The Portuguese Republic.
61. The Independent State of Samoa <*>.
62. The Republic of San Marino.
63. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
64. Republic of Seychelles.
65. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
66. The Republic of Singapore.
67. The Slovak Republic.
68. The Republic of Slovenia.
69. The United States of America.
70. The Eastern Republic of Uruguay.
71. The Republic of Finland.
72. The French Republic.
73. The Republic of Croatia.
74. The Czech Republic.
75. The Republic of Chile.
76. The Swiss Confederation.
77. The Kingdom of Sweden.
78. The Republic of El Salvador.
79. The Republic of Estonia <****>.
<*> A traveller must have a valid document for traveling abroad with a valid multi-entry visa of one of the European Union member states or the Schengen Area member states bearing a European Union or Schengen Area entry stamp, and also ticket with a return date from Minsk National Airport.
<**> Not a state.
<***> Including people who have the status of non-citizen of the Republic of Latvia.
<****> Including stateless persons permanently resident in the Republic of Estonia.
Welcome to Belarus!