Guide to the sights of Belarus. Belovezhskaya Pushcha, Mir and Nesvizh castles. What kind of attractions visit in Minsk: guide to the sights.
If you want to know any country better, you should begin with the capital city, so our guide to Belarusian attractions begins in Minsk. This city has saved a lot of architectural monuments:
- Upper town is the historic center of Minsk. There are various architectural attractions in one place, the most important are the СityHall and the Holy Spirit Cathedral Сhurch.
- Trinity suburb is a kind of business card of the capital city of Belarus. Its cozy houses with tiled roofs give you a picture of Minsk 200 years ago.
The Soviet era, especially, the Stalin Empire and modern architectural monuments are presented on the main street of Minsk is Independence Avenue. There are as buildings of national importance such as Palace of the Republic, so other cultural objects such as the Yanka Kupala National Academic theater, Belarusian State Circus and the National library of Belarus known as "Diamond of knowledge".
Minsk is a city-hero and at once several objects remind about it. They are:
- Museum of the great Patriotic war. Thanks to numerous installations, artifacts and preserved wartime equipment, military events are recreated and history comes to life;
- Island of tears in the Trinity suburb that dedicated to the memory of the victims in the Afghan war.
Even if you do not have any opportunity to enjoy Belarusian sights, watch the program "Cities of Belarus". There you will see cultural monuments and architecture of other settlements of the country.
Belovezhskaya Pushcha is the national heritage of Belarus
- 153 thousand hectares of territory,
- 900 species of plants, 250 species of animals and birds,
- more than 600 years of reserve status,
- 500 years oaks,
- about 500 individuals of bison, which were under the threat of complete disappearance hundred years ago.
Our channel will help you to make a virtual journey through the famous reserve. You can see powerful bison and visit the residence of Santa Claus in the program "Belovezhskaya Pushcha".
Brest fortress is the implementation of heroism and courage
After visiting Belovezhskaya Pushcha you can go to the Brest fortress, that is located nearby. There are two main attractions in Brest. The first one is the memorial complex "Khatyn". It is one of the most impressive monuments dedicated to the great Patriotic war. The second one is the sculptural composition "Thirst". Walls of the fortress tell us about the heroism of the Belarusian people and сherish thememory of the Soviet soldiers' heroism.
Romance of the middle Ages and Renaissance is castles, palaces and manors
Belarus known as a country of castles. Famous Belarusian dynasties were building their own family estates on the territory of our country. The most famous among them are:
- Nesvizh castle is amazing residence of the Radziwill family in Nesvizh town that surrounded by a beautiful park zone. Furthermore, it steeped in mystery and legends. The castle is included in the UNESCO world cultural heritage list;
- Mir castle amazes tourists with amazing architecture and the power of its monumental walls. The attraction is also in the UNESCO list;
- Puslovsky castle in Kossovo is a unique architectural monument with twelve towers, where the hand lion was walking through the corridors hundred years ago;
- Sapiehas castle complex in Ruzhany impresses all tourists with the majesty of its updated gates.
Each castle belonged to any noble or aristocratic family. If you want to know more about them you can find it in our program "Shlyakhta. Brutal history" and "History of Belarus".
Belarus for tourists
Belarus is a country with high tourism potential. There are a lot of attractions here, even not all of the locals know about them. There are legends about the existence of mermaids, river-horses and devils. Belarus takes the second place in the world in the number of ghosts perhead. You can learn more about all the myths and legends while watching the program "Za granyu".
Amazing and various country in the heart of Europe is waiting for you!